This position is responsible for providing care to patients undergoing Mohs surgery, including pre-surgical patient evaluations/consultations, postoperative patient and family teaching in a safe and quality-focused environment. This position is also responsible for assisting with surgical procedures, assisting with patient care, patient flow, charting in electronic and paper records.
- Provide care according to physician’s instruction and in accordance with recognized techniques and procedures and established standards and policies to maintain the health and general well-being of the patient.
- Perform initial assessment and evaluation of patient and patient health survey data. Provide pre-operative and post-operative teaching for both patient and family members.
- Provide assistance during surgery or other procedures as indicated.
- Set up patient for surgery including prepping area, draping with sterile drapes, setting up clean tray with anesthesia and preparing instruments.
- Scrub in as assistant to surgeon. Hand instruments and cut suture, keep operative area clean and organized. Administer anesthesia as directed by physician.
- Prepare equipment and paper work for surgery
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Prepare a permanent EMR note for each Mohs case with follow up phone call documented in Electronic Medical Record.
- Carry out interventions that promote and maintain quality and excellence in surgical care.
- Clean and dress surgical defects according to procedure guidelines as ordered.
- Provide appropriate written instructions regarding care and potential problems.
- Maintain safety and well-being of patient according to individual needs.
- Provide adequate and appropriate safety precautions.
- Provide an adequate communication system for patient to contact office or doctor.
- Provide assistance as needed during ambulating to maintain safety of patient.
- Maintain confidentiality and privileged communications related to patients.
- Operate autoclave.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 2 plus years of medical assistant or surgical technician experience, preferably in dermatology.
Technology Applications: Experience with EMR applications. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Department: Patient Care